Vikram is a newly launched Tamil movie that features Kamal Haasan, Vijay Sethupathi, and Fahadh Faasil. The film was released theatrically on 3 June 2022. The director of this movie is Lokesh Kanagaraj and produced by Raaj Kamal Films International. According to some sources, the budget of the film is INR 120 – 150 crore, and the film grossed over INR 335 crore within 12 days after its release. The movie is a blockbuster and worked very well at the Box office. The runtime of this film is 174 minutes.
Stephen Raj, ACP Prabhanjan, and his adopted father, Karnan, were assassinated by a group of masked vigilantes, and Inspector Amar is in charge of bringing them to justice. Karnan’s murder seemed out of character because he was an ordinary guy while the other two were higher-ranking officers in the Narcotics section. Amar takes the lead in the inquiry by focusing on Karnan’s life. Amar discovers that Sandhanam, a member of a crime ring, needs the missing containers as he is doing his investigation. Amar pursues the masked guys and runs into the leader, who has pretended to be dead but is actually still alive. He finds out that the person he thought was Karnan is actually Arun Kumar Vikram, also known as Vikram, the former leader of the black-ops team Pilot Black.
Vikram’s daughter-in-law and grandson are attacked and killed by Sandhanam’s men in Prabhanjan’s house, but Vikram saves them when he comes after Sandhanam viciously kills Amar’s wife, Gayathri, and orders his men to do so. Anbu and Adaikalam meet with their boss, Rolex, in the middle of the credits, along with gang members connected to Sandhanam. They also identify Dilli’s location in Uttar Pradesh and Vikram’s family’s residence in San Francisco. Vikram learns of the bounty placed on his team and Dilli while he is hidden among the gangsters, unknown to Rolex and the other attendees at the meeting.
Cast of Vikram
- Kamal Haasan as Commander Arun Kumar Vikram, Chief of the 1987 Pilot Black squad, incognito as Karnan
- Vijay Sethupathi as Sandhanam, a Drug Lord and leader of the Vetti Vagaiyara gang
- Fahadh Faasil as Agent Amar, Commander of the black-ops squad
- Narain as Inspector Bejoy from Kaithi (2019 film)
- Kalidas Jayaram as ACP Prabhanjan, from the Narcotics Control Bureau, Vikram’s son
- Chemban Vinod Jose as Police Chief Jose
- Santhana Bharathi as Agent Uppiliappan, Communications specialist of the 1987 Pilot Black squad, incognito as a Gym owner
- Elango Kumaravel as Agent Lawrence, Weapons specialist of the 1987 Pilot Black squad, incognito as a Cab driver.
- Vasanthi as Agent Tina, Psychological Warfare Specialist of the 1987 Pilot Black squad, incognito as Valliammal, domestic help.
- Gayathrie Shankar as Gayathri Amar, Amar’s wife
- Swathishta Krishnan as Prabhanjan’s wife
- G. Marimuthu as the Commissioner of Police
- Ramesh Thilak as Elango, member of Vetti Vagaiyara
- Vinodh as Munna, member of Vetti Vagaiyara
- Aruldoss as Rudra Prathap
- Gowtham Sundararajan as Veerapandian
- Maya S. Krishnan as an escort
- Sampath Ram as a member of Vetti Vagaiyara
- Gokulnath as a member of Vetti Vagaiyara
- Shreekumar as a member of the Black Ops Squad
- Arunodhayan as a member of the Black Ops Squad
- Anish Padmanabhan as a member of the Black Ops Squad
- Jaffer Sadiq as a member of Vetti Vagaiyara
- Maheshwari Chanakyan as Santhanam’s first wife
- Shivani Narayanan as Santhanam’s second wife
- Myna Nandhini as Santhanam’s third wife
- Village Cooking Channel team as themselves (cameo)
The ratings of Vikram are very positive from the audience. Over 21k people rated this film 8.9/10 on IMDb, which is very positive ratings for an Indian movie. 97% audience liked this film on Google. The critic’s reviews are not much good. The film got 56% ratings from critics and 95% from the audience on Rotten Tomatoes. M Suganth from The Times of India rated this film 3/5 which is average good ratings. Same as TOI, Saibal Chatterjee from NDTV rated this film 3/5.